Happy birthday, Taylor Swift! The once country darling turned global pop sensation, turns 29 today (Dec. 13).
In celebration, let’s revisit some of Taylor’s greatest lyrical accomplishments. In 2006, her words deeply connected with the country audience. We were all singing along to "Tim McGraw." As her repertoire expanded, her songs quickly became the backdrop of our lives as we navigated falling in love, falling out of love, and falling down after intoxicating nights out with friends.
Everyone has a valid argument for why their favorite “Taylor” is the best version of Taylor, and that conversation will continue to reinvent itself as many times as she does. However, one thing is for sure, her lyrics are perfect for Instagram captions that chronical moments our lives.
- “So watch me strike a match on all my wasted time.” - Picture to Burn
- “You've got a smile that could light up this whole town.” – You Belong With Me
- “And we know it's never simple, never easy. Never a clean break, no one here to save me.” – Breathe
- “You took a swing, I took it hard. And down here from the ground I see who you are.” – Tell Me Why
- “It turns out freedom ain't nothing but missing you.” – Back to December
- “2AM, who do you love?” – Enchanted
- “But no amount of vintage dresses gives you dignity.” – Better Than Revenge
- “Today is never too late to be brand new.” - Innocent
- “Love is a ruthless game unless you play it good and right.” – State of Grace
- “…That magic's not here no more. And I might be OK, but I'm not fine at all.” – All Too Well
- “Love's a game, wanna play?” – Blank Space
- “When we go crashing down, we come back every time 'cause we never go out of style.” - Style
- “I got that red lip, classic thing that you like.” - Style
- “We're a crooked love in a straight line down.” – I Wish You Would
- “Someday when you leave me, I bet these memories follow you around.” – Wildest Dreams
- “The best people in life are free.” – New Romantics
Do you like stories like these? Bookmark www.cmtcody.com in your web browser and join Cody on the radio 7 days a week.
Photo Credit: Getty Images.