UNLV (0-3, 0-0 MW) at No. 22 Fresno State (3-1, 0-0 MW)
Sept. 24, 2021 • 7:00 p.m. • Bulldog Stadium (40, 727) - Fresno, Calif.
A LOOK INSIDE
Series: Fresno State leads, 16-7
Fresno State Record: 6-4 (2nd season)
Career D-I Record: Same
Alma Mater: Sioux Falls (1998)
UNLV Record: 0-6 (2nd season)
Career Record: Same
Alma Mater: San Jose State (2003)
- Fresno State Athletics is celebrating its centennial year and the 2021 football season is the 100th season of competition in program history.
- After defeating then-No. 13 UCLA at the Rose Bowl on Saturday night, Fresno State earned spots in both the AP and Coaches Poll this week. The Bulldogs check in at No. 22 in the AP Poll and No. 25 in the Coaches Poll.
- Fresno State is nationally ranked for the first time since 2018. The Bulldogs finished the 2018 season ranked No. 18 in both polls.
- Fresno State senior quarterback Jake Haener was named the Mountain West Offensive Player of the Week after his gritty performance that led Fresno State to its 40-37 win at then-No. 13 UCLA on Saturday night.
- After rallying to win their fourth straight game in the series against the Bruins, the Bulldogs earned Cheez-It Bowl National Team of the Week honor for games of weekend of Sept. 18, as selected by the Football Writers Association of America.
- Friday's game against UNLV is Fresno State's Mountain West opener. The Bulldogs enter conference play with a 3-1 record, its best record entering conference play since 2018.
- Fresno State enters Mountain West play with three wins under its belt for the first time since the 2018 season when it defeated Idaho, UCLA and Toledo in its nonconference slate. The Bulldogs went on to win seven of their eight regular season conference games, and the Mountain West Championship and Las Vegas Bowl that season.
- Fresno State is still undefeated at home. The Bulldogs opened the season with a dominant 45-0 win over UConn on Aug. 28. Fresno State returned home on Sept. 11 and defeated Cal Poly 63-10.
- Fresno State was picked to finish fourth in the West Division in the 2021 preseason Mountain West poll. The Bulldogs currently the only ranked team in the Mountain West, and are one of two West Division teams with three wins at this point in the season.
- The Bulldogs have made quick work on the offensive scoring drives, having six touchdown scoring drives this season that have been scored in less than 1:00.
- The 455 yards passing by Haener at UCLA were the most by a Group of 5 player in a road win versus an AP Top-15 team during the last 10 seasons.
- Fresno State's victory at No. 13/13 UCLA is the Mountain West's first victory over a top-15 nationally-ranked nonconference opponent since 2014 (Boise State def. No. 10 Arizona in Fiesta Bowl).
- A pair of Bulldog receivers are in the Top 10 in the FBS in receiving yards – Josh Kelly checks in at No. 6 and Jalen Cropper at No. 10. Fresno State is the only school with two receivers represented in the top 10 in the category.